Thursday, November 4, 2021

Decisions


I've made a decision.  I've decided to skip trying to make the old type of Funny the World entries, but just start a new one on Blogger.  So this is Entry #1 of the new Funny the World. (Pay no attention to the date on this entry)

With my inability to find something similar to what I used before, and knowing that I don't learn new software as easily as I used to, plus the fact that I can't remember how I used to post entries, it just seems that since I have this lovely Blogger available, I'll just use that. The domain "Funny the World" will remain since it's the only way I can keep my 20 years of entries on line.

In a week I will be 80 years old and it feels like so many things are "new" though I couldn't list them for you....but the new FTW would top the list if I had a list.  I have missed typing an entry every day and though I can't have an "index" page like I had before, you can check this page every day and see if there is a new entry.  I hope to get back to writing daily again.

(I don't know why I didn't think of this idea months ago!)

Now if only I could find a photo program.  I've tried several but none is as easy as PhotoShop and I sorely miss PhotoShop!

We are preparing a birthday month celebration.  Today we are going to see 80 for Brady, which I've read reviews of that were not very good, but it just seemed to be something I wanted to do to celebrate my 80th.  

We will be going out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and Walt's and then on the 18th we are having a gathering at Fenton's with about a dozen people.  Crab salad sandwich .... yummm!  and then it will be Walt's birthday.  If I think of turning "80" as being old, I think of Walt who will turn 83.  At some point  there will be a family Zoom.

I've been sleeping surprisingly well lately.  Oh, I never go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning but I've started going to sleep at 10 on the couch under a big fluffy quilt.  I wake up just after midnight.  Then I sit up for half an hour, posting videos to 1 Second Every Day and then do the new Wordle.  By then I'm ready to sleep on the couch again.  I will sleep for an hour or  two and then I'm ready to move to the family room and climb into the recliner.  Sometimes I watch TV (if it's 3 a.m. or after), sometimes I listen to podcasts.  I generally wake up around 6, often when Bubba leaps into my lap, but don't try to go back to sleep so am surprised when I look at the clock and it's 8 a.m.  Then I have a one hour nap after I eat lunch, so I'm actually getting more sleep now than I have in a very long time.

(and haven't you missed FTW entries about my sleep habits?)

So here we are.  Funny the World is back, sorta, and I hope people can find it.

---
8189


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning

Bob Dunning has been a columnist for the Davis Enterprise  for 55 years.  He was the longest running columnist in the country .  He started ...