Monday, February 13, 2023

Arts and Crafts

I have been on an "arts" program the past few days.  I am not in the least artistic, but I have several projects that I'm working on. 

I'm working on a new magpie journal, where I just put "junk" on every age, for 30 pages.  My books are never as clever as the ones that I get from others (with a few exceptions), but I have such fun making them.

I had fun making this VanGogh page for the last journal I did and decided to make another one this time.  I have a small booklet of VanGogh stickers and so this is easy to do and looks fun when it's finished.

But I'm also working on my 1SE (1 Second Every day) project, of one snippet of 1-2 second video (or a photo) every day for 2023.  I also started a second video of one thing I watch on TV every day and a third on what we have for dinner each night (t he last one is just for me, not for publication...I don't think)

I've been looking at YouTube videos of 1SE projects and some of them are very professional and/or have fun themes for their daily snippets (one was of feet walking through various streets, with concrete, leaves, grass, etc.) but it's nice to see that so many people are making the same kind of videos that I am.

You upload one snippet each day (for me it's 3, since I have 3 projects I'm working on) and they open up the new day at midnight. Lately I've been going to sleep around 10, which means I wake up between midnight and 12:30 so I post my videos at that time, and then do the daily Wordle.  Then I try to go back to sleep!

I've been creating new photo albums for myself on Facebook.  I was looking for a specific picture of Bubba which was taken in the first weeks we got him, so I ended up starting a "Bubba photos" album and spent a good deal of the morning going through my cell phone to download pretty much every good picture of Bubba to the new album.  It helps having them all in one place when I go to write to one of the Compassion kids and want to add a photo.

With all these artistic projects floating around in my mind I've been letting letter writing slide for a few days.  Partly because I don't have a printer yet, but if Amazon is to be believed, it will be delivered and then I'll be back in business again.  I have several letters that have arrived which have been put in my "to be answered" stack and I'm starting to feel guilty about that.  Some of the letters are from people who rarely write and so I don't feel I know them well, but a few are from my "regulars" and those are the ones I will get to when the printer is set up.

(Ned has been printing letters for me, but I'll be happy to have my own printer again.)

I've been so busy on all of these extra things that I almost forgot to do Sunday Stealing! And I completely forgot to do Saturday 9!


____
8194

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...