Friday, February 17, 2023

Boxes and Boxes

 One of the things I've been doiing sitting home alone, and not feeling like writing letters, is buying stickers.  Now I've gotten stickers for years, from stores, and from on line, but until I discovered the web site Temu that I realized how cheap stickers could be.

If you buy stickers from most on-line sites, you get maybe 10 and it might cost you $5.  I use them for decorating envelopes and journals.  At Temu, I found stickers that came in packages of 100 and cost less than $5 so I ordered some.  When they arrived, I was so pleased that I ordered more.  It turns out I ordered more than "some" and while the stickers are great...where do you keep that many stickers so you can find what you want?

Just  the "figures" container is crazy.


I've had everything in one big box but it's driving me crazy.  I love having all the options, but wished it was easier to find things. I finally bought a set of little boxes and spent a god part of the morning separating all the stickers into their own boxes.


It's absolutely perfect and now I can find whatever I'm looking for.  When looking for a link for this entry, I couldn't help looking at stickers on Temu and was tempted by the 100 Easter stickers for 89 cents but I resisted.  I'm out of little boxes.

-------------------------------

I have had some difficulties with Compassion and some of my kids have aged out of the program and so I decided that I wasn't going to take on any new kids and would eventually just leave the program after the last of my sponsored kids ages out.  But Compassion has started showing kids who have only 2-3 more years in the program, who have lost their sponsors and I found two girls that I decided to sponsor.

Magaly is from Ecuador and will be 19 this year.  She has two more years on the program.



Then I started reading messages from people who get long frequent letters from their kids.  That's been my one complaint about Compassion.  Yes,  I hear from the kids but most of them write the same letter over and over again.  Fred was my child for the longest and he pretty much wrote the same letter every time.  But these sponsors were talking abut wonderful letters. When I talked with some of them, I found out their kids were from Bolivia and they agree that most of the kids from Bolivia write wonderful letters.  So I checked out kids from Bolivia and found Lilian.  She's 11 years old and above average in school, her favorite subjects being literature and math.


So I've sponsored her too and now we'll see if she is one of those wonderful letter writers that people have been raving about.

_____
8197


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning's farewell.

  (I did not have the opportunity to write a final, honest column about my 55 years at The Davis Enterprise. So I’m doing it here.) This is ...