Saturday, February 11, 2023

Plastic Surgery!

 I had to laugh.  In reading through the 2021 entry, it sounds like I was writing the same entry...a paragraph all about my sleeping!  I sincerely hope I'm not going to make that a major topic from here on out!   That picture of Polly in the car sure looks like Bubba, doesn't it??

So.  Off and running....

Ned has been trying to get me  to watch Top Gun: Maverick for a long time and we finally did.  My word!  Not my kind of movie, but definitely one I could not turn off.  Very loud, very vicious, but totally engrossing.  Has Tom Cruise had plastic surgery?  I just could not find him in that face.  Though, my ability to recognize people has also become difficult, so maybe it was just me.


(Now, see if I had a photo program I knew how to use I would have cropped this picture to only his figure, not all that extra stuff on either side of him.)

* * * *

I'm glad I started this blog again yesterday.  If I had not, I would have been very frustrated for wanting to write an entry today.  One of the things I wanted to do for my 80th birthday (next week) was to go and see 80 for Brady.  I have read reviews, most of which were pretty bad, but with the cast of those wonderful women -- Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno and Sally Field -- I couldn't imagine it could be anything but enjoyable, no matter how "stupid" it was.

We got there in time for the film and discovered we were THE ONLY PEOPLE in the theater.


(When the movie was over, we found that three other people were there--two together and one alone.  Not a popular movie, at least not at the early matinee [1 p.m.])

Yes, it was stupid in many places, but also funny and my total feeling was that I loved it.  We know it's based on the story of the four 80-ish year old ladies who are Tom Brady fans but wonder how much of the story is true and how much is a made up story of old ladies who go to the Super Bowl and have madcap adventures (as Ned put it).  

The movie is produced by Tom Brady and when I saw the surviving members of the real 80 for Brady group on The Today Show they said they had never met him I was surprised that the show didn't bring him on to surprise them.

The one thing that bothered me a LOT was Jane Fonda, whose performance was fine, but I wondered how many hours it took to get her looking so young (she's 83) and how many pounds of make-up were used.  She stood out like a sore thumb among the other three, who looked like they could be in their 80s (Sally Field was quick to mention that she's only 75).  It was difficult to believe her in hers scenes because all I could think about was how much make-up she was wearing and how much plastic surgery she has had.

In the previews before  the movie, there is a movie coming up with Lily Tomlin and Fonda and in it Fonda is so overly made up I had to check the credits to see who that young woman was with Tomlin.  But then when I was checking her age on the Internet, I read that she was diagnosed with non-Hopkins lymphoma and had started chemo in September of 2022 so perhaps all that make-up is a part of that (though I suspect the movie was made before her diagnosis).

But anyway, it was the perfect choice as part of my 80th Year Birthday Celebration.

___
8191


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...