Friday, February 17, 2023

Saturday 9

 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Saturday Night's Alright (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Elton John tells us it's 7:00 PM on Saturday evening and he's ready to rock with his friends. What will you be doing at 7:00 this evening?
Watching Jeopardy.
 
2) His sister is ready to party, too. The lyrics tell us she looks cute with "a handful of grease in her hair." What haircare products would we find in your bathroom right now?
None.  Just a couple of brushes.

3) He sings that by Saturday, he's had it with the aggravation and discipline of the past week and now he's ready to cut loose. How did last week treat you?
Just like any other week.  No problems.

4) This Saturday night finds Elton and his friends "packed pretty tight" in their bar of choice. Agoraphobics have a hard time feeling safe in busy, crowded places. How about you? Are you comfortable in a crowd?
It depends on whether I can find a tree to hide behind or not.

5) The lyrics were written by Bernie Taupin, Elton's frequent collaborator. Bernie ranks this near the top of his favorite Elton John records. What's your favorite?
The music I play the most is by the band Lawsuit, my friend Steve Schalchlin, John Denver, and Judy Garland. Plus music from musicals like The Music Man, Book of Mormon, Les Miserables, etc., etc.,  etc.

6) Elton has turned his bad eyesight into a hobby, claiming that over the years he has purchased well over 200,000 pairs of glasses. Do you wear glasses? If so, how many prescription pairs do you own?
I can't find my glasses without my glasses, so yes, I wear glasses, but I only have one prescription pair.   I am sorely in need of an appointment to get a new pair, though.
 
7) Elton once had to cancel an international tour because of an emergency appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?
Yes, but no tonsils.
 
8) In 1973, when this song was popular, M*A*S*H was at the top of the ratings. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character? 
Radar and Hawkeye

9) Random question: Who is the wisest person you know?
It's a guy named Steve Peithman.  He seems to know pretty much everything about anything I'm interested in and he has his own radio show.  I love listening to him discuss show biz with a friend of ours who is a movie critic.


_____
8198

6 comments:

  1. #4: Have I got a bar for you! Capt. Tony's in Key West. It's the only bar I can think of that has a tree growing in the middle of it, so you have somewhere to hide no matter how crowded with patrons it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4...I love it. I am not a great fan of crowds. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 I am a Jeopardy fan and I got to meet the second all time winner Amy Schneider.
    #3 Ditto… just another week.
    #6 I dropped my glasses and had to go out to the car to grab the old pair so I could see the new pair.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're one of the wise people I know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jeopardy. If I’m not home at 7 I record the show to watch later.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...