Thursday, October 17, 2024

names / passwords

 Good lord.  Trying to get anything done on the internet these days is a pain.  Passwords I have used automatically for years suddenly don't work and I have to reset the password...for several different accounts.  I even have a book with all of my passwords written down, but those apparently aren't recognized by the account(s) that have recognized them for years.

I have a blister on my leg.


Ned is taking care of it, protecting it and wrapping my leg and elevating my legs all night, as I slept in the recliner.  But he doesn't know if I should see a doctor.

It used to be so easy.  Sign into Kaiser and send an email to your doctor.  But they removed that feature months ago and you can no longer send an email to your doctor.  I called Kaiser today and complained and she said she would send me directions for how I could write to my doctor.  Only the Kaiser web site would not let me sign on.  I had to change my password (the password I've used forever) and it was so incredibly complicated.  I eventually got it "changed" to the password I've been using and the site finally recognized me.

That's when I found out that you CAN write to your doctor. It's more complicated than it used to be, but I was able to write to her and send her a picture of my blister.

In the meantime, I am going to be staying off the computer today and just sitting with my leg elevated, watching TV.

* * * *

So I got up from my recliner and went to the bathroom.  I just sat down on the toilet, when my phone, which was on my walker in the hall, rang.  I couldn't get to it in time and when I checked it was my doctor who left a message that since she couldn't reach me, she would call Ned.  Then the phone rang in my office (the one we use for solicitors) and I assumed she couldn't reach Ned and was calling that number.  I got into my office just as the phone stopped ringing.  Then my phone rang again and it was her (Ned, by this time, was coming into my office to drop off some packages and he hadn't heard his phone ring).  Anyway, I did finally talk with her and we have an appointment tomorrow at 9.


No comments:

Post a Comment

names / passwords

 Good lord.  Trying to get anything  done on the internet these days is a pain.  Passwords I have used automatically for years  suddenly don...