Tuesday, October 1, 2024

World Postcard Day

 Today is World Postcard Day and I had arrangements to meet someone in the parking lot of the CoOp and we would both write postcards.  She was going to be there at 9 and I slept until 8:30, so I rushed around to get things together and get down to the CoOp.  At first it was just the two of us.


Later a third person showed up.  She's getting ready to leave for 3 weeks in Chile tomorrow, so she was kind of rushed, but she had several postcards to send.

It was a beautiful day, with the birds singing, people playing a piano that is set up on the patio for people to play, and all the shoppers going into the CoOp.  Lord...more people I saw today than I have seen all year, I believe!

It was fun talking to both of the other women about our experience with Postcrossing.  All three of us get a lot of mail going to and coming from Germany, but two of us got messages going to Latvia this week, which was unusual.

I was there about an hour and a half, by which time it was starting to get hot and the sun was shining on me.  All three of us were ready to go home, so we mailed our postcards and said goodbye to each other. 

A nice change from sitting at home all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have...