Monday, September 30, 2024

Not the best day

How many things can go wrong today?

It started when I woke up and got up to get some coffee and discovered that somehow during the night I had swept most of the pieces of the puzzle we are working onto the floor.  I don't know how I did it, but I had a big pile of puzzle pieces t o put back on the table and re-work. 

Then after Kelly and Mark at 9:15, I came in to the computer and go through what I go through every day. I use either my cell phone or my desk top to access the internet and every time, the desk top insisted I have to sign in, including getting a code sent to my cell phone to prove it's me...and I  always have my cell phone in the other room and have to get up and get it.

Googles wants proof I'm me, Amazon wants proof I'm me, Blogger wants proof I'm me.  It drives me crazy.  And every time I post something to Facebook, I get a message saying that Bev Sykes has posted something to Facebook.  I don't know why.

Then I decided to get serious about the pile of letters waiting to be answered.  I got the first one answered, but it wouldn't print.  Turns out I needed an ink cartridge.  I thought I had an extra ink cartridge, but it turns out it was for the wrong printer, so I had  to order a cartridge (because we no longer have a stationery store here in Davis).  I got it from Amazon, but it won't be delivered until Friday, the day we are driving to Santa Barbara for the weekend, so I won't be able to print anything until we get back on Monday.  So no letter answering.

And then I am getting ready to meet a Postcrossing friend tomorrow so we can sit in front of a store and write postcards for World Postcard day.  I was very clever and made up a list of all the people I plan to send postcards to, but of course it's in WordPerfect and can't be printed, so I had to address all the postcards to take with me in the morning.


As I write this it is only 2:30 in the afternoon.  Who knows what else is going to go wrong before the end of the day?

(Looking on the bright side, I have several Compassion letters to answer, and those get answered thru Compassion's email server, so I can at least get those done.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have...