Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Book Club

 


Jeri and I finished our most recent book and she suggested we read "Twenty Thirty," a book by Albert Brooks, which she had read and thought I would like.  She read it several years ago.  It's set in 2026, entirely too close to today and I found it difficult to read, so she suggested we find a different book.

I sent her a list of all the books I currently have on my Kindle and when she has time she will see which she can get in the library.

But in the meantime, I'm reading the autobiography of Miriam Margolyes. I have been watching her travel show with Alan Cumming (Miriam and Alan Lost in Scotland) and when I learned she had written a book, I ordered it.  It’s not quite what I expected (not as ribald as I expected) but still very good and I’m enjoying it. 

I suspect that I would enjoy it a lot more if I were British.  She names ?hundreds? of fellow actors she has met in her 80 years and  think I could count on one hand the names I'm familiar with -- and I'm a theater person.  

I'm currently reading her experiences doing voice overs and it's fun learning how voice overs are made...plus you can check out several of them on You Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...