Thursday, September 26, 2024

I've been shot


Walt and I went to Kaiser yesterday to get our flu and COVID vaccines.

My new pajama bottoms, which I love  don't really look like pajamas, so I was able to wear them and not feel like people would think I was wearing my pajamas. 

The last time we went for shots, there was a line of people getting them, but we were behind only one person yesterday, so we were in and out in no time at all.

The thing about shots these days is that for some reason they are using needles that are so thin that you can't even feel them when they shoot you.  I've never been afraid of shots anyway, but these days it's hard to tell when you get a shot because it is so painless.

Jeri chose our new book, which is another book by Kristin Hannah, who wrote the last book we read.  I know it's going to be a good book.  I haven't quite finished the autobiography of Miriam Margolyes yet, so I'm reading both books at the same time.  Margolyes is into her more recent life and is using a bit more of the ribald language I expected.  She has also mentioned a couple of performers whose name I recognize, which is nice.

I'm wondering if she will talk about her TV program with Alan Cumming.  Probably not because when that program started, her partner (of 54 years) Heather had died, and she is still alive in this autobiography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...