Monday, September 2, 2024

A Busy Day

 Sunday is a busy day, for a day when there is no mail delivered or picked up.

It's the day when I answer the letters that have come from Compassion students (I am able to write email letters).  I try to answer the letters the week that they arrive.  I have 20 kids that I either sponsor or write to, so there are usually 2 or 3 letters to answer.

Also Sunday is the day when Letters Against Isolation posts the list of organizations that need letters.  I usually write 4 letters to people who are receiving meals on wheels, or who are in nursing homes.  I have to admit that thinking about these "old people," I often wonder how many of them are younger than I am!  (I am so lucky to have Ned living with us!)

Today I learned of www.postpals.co.uk, where you can send cards and post cards to sick kids in the UK.  A Postcrossing partner mentioned it in her bio and I checked it out and really like it.  With all these postcards I have this is a great way to share them with someone that can be made happy by seeing one.

One Sunday a month, I create four or more new Sunday Stealing pages.  I like to have at least two ahead of this week's date in case something happens.  Today's Sunday Stealing is the last of the ones I have made, so I'll be making new ones today,

Today there are two SwapBot swaps that I have to do and four incoming letters to answer (though I can do those tomorrow, since there is no mail delivery tomorrow either)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...