Saturday, September 21, 2024

Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Drive to You (2006)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jewel sings that she can't sleep and is staring at the ceiling. Did you fall asleep easily last night?
I was watching Rachel Maddow's "From Russia with Lev" and got sleepy halfway through, so yes, I fell asleep easily...o fcourse, I woke up 2 hours later, but that's another story.

2) She concludes that the only thing to do is drive to her lover's side. Last time you got behind the wheel, where were you headed?
The last time I drove our car I was driving home from Kaiser.  Ned was following me in his car and when we got home, he told me I was no longer a safe driver, so I have not driven in about 3 years.

3) Jewel grew up in Alaska. Have you ever visited our largest state?
Yes.  we had friends living in Palmer. Jeri spent the summer with them and we went up to bring her home at the end of the summer.  Had a great time at the state fair.

4) She once performed at the Sydney Opera House, which is more than 7,300 miles away from Anchorage. There are no direct commercial flights between those two cities. Given your choice, would you rather spend less on travel but have to change flights, or spend more and fly non-stop to your destination?
Definitely fly non-stop.

5) Actor Sean Penn developed a crush on Jewel after seeing her perform on TV and attended many of her concerts during her 1995 tour. What's the best concert you ever saw?
Judy Garland's Carnegie Hall concert, which she performed in San Francisco in 1961.


6) She married Ty Murray, a successful rodeo cowboy. Have you ever attended a rodeo?|
Yes.  I was so excited to go until I realized that most of the events consisted in hurting animals, and I never wanted to go again.

7) In 2006, the year "Drive to You" was released, Al Lewis died. He was best known as Grandpa on The Munsters. It's time for you to declare where you stand on this issue: do you prefer The Munsters of The Addams Family?
I enjoyed both.  I have no preference.

8) 2006 was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments, and won three. What's the last game you won? (Yes, Wordle counts.)
Glad Wordle counts.  My current streak is 65.

9) Random question: Using one word, how would you describe 2024 so far
Scary!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are wise to listen to your son about the driving. My almost 91-year-old MIL continues to drive. I would not ride with her. I think she needs to give up her keys but it's not my call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am nervous riding if Walt is driving.

      Delete
  2. We never actually took the keys away from my mother, we just volunteered to drive any time she needed to go somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect it's time to have the driving conversations with my 85+ year old parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! To have seen Judy perform the Carnegie Hall set live! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...