Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Stealing


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


1. What popular TV show do you refuse to watch?
Any of the mating and dating shows.

2. What pets did you have while growing up?
My sister had allergies, so we had no pets.  As soon as she left home and got her own place, she got a dog.

3. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
So many lucky things, but probably the one I am most pleased about was the opportunity to volunteer with The Lamplighters in San Francisco, which changed my life.

4. What are some small things that make your day better?
squirrels, NCIS marathons, pen pal letters, Bubba jumping into my lap, waking up to brewed coffee.

5. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own/owned?
I just got these pajama bottoms.  I love them.


6. What’s the most annoying habit other people have?
Talking while chewing.

7. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
I would like to live in the Meet Me in St. Louis world.

8. What’s the most impressive thing you know how to do?
make frosting roses.


9. What was the best book or series you’ve read?
The Walter Farley Black Stallion books as a kid.  As an adult, I love Steinbeck books, especially "East of Eden."

10. What state or country do you never want to go back to?
We've been to 25 different countries.  Of those, I'm not eager to return to Mexico.  Russia would be a close second, especially now.

11. Where do you usually go when you have time off?
I'm retired...all of my time is "time off."

12. What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see?
Cleaned up my friend Gilbert's house after he died, to be ready for his family arriving.

13. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Get to know someone from a different country/culture.  Ideally try to learn their language.  We've hosted 70 people from 14 different countries over a 10 year period of time.

14. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
Writing the story of our Pinata Group.

15. What is something most people consider a luxury but you don’t think you could live without?
My bidet!

3 comments:

  1. I don't watch the mating and dating shows either. The cake is beautiful - I love the basket weave on the sides!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black Stallion books! I read those too, a very long time ago. Hadn't thought of them in a while. I wonder if the library has them on the app. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch dating shows either. the Lamplighters sound fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...