Saturday, September 14, 2024

Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Minute by Minute (1979)


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here

1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. As you answer these questions, are you wearing a watch or can you see a clock that has a second hand?
I don't war a watch and if I want to know the time, I check the computer.

2) In this song, Michael McDonald admits he knows his girl has lied to him. Do you suspect any one of your friends/family has fibbed to you recently?
Not that I know of.

3) McDonald's big break came in 1973 when he joined Steely Dan's touring band. What do you consider your first professional success?
"Professional"?  Uh...I guess the publication of the history of The Lamplighters Music Theater in 1977.

4) In 1975 he joined The Doobie Brothers. He was originally supposed to be a temporary replacement for Tom Johnston, but he ended up working with the band uninterrupted for seven years. Tell us about something that's happened to you that turned out better than you anticipated.
See question 3.  I answered an ad for people who wanted to help put together the 25 year history and it ended up with my becoming a regular volunteer for t he company, making my best friends there, and writing a second book 10 years later.  It's still the best 10 years of my life.

5) In 1986 he guest starred on an episode of The Young and The Restless. Have you ever been hooked on a daytime drama?
In the 1960s I was a big fan of 3 soap operas and then at one point all three of them had plots I didn't like so I stopped watching and haven't watched since.

6) Michael and wife Amy raised their family near Nashville, where they had their own pond and a garden they lovingly tended. Do you enjoy yard work?
No.  And if I did, I wouldn't be able to do it now anyway.

7) In 1979, when "Minute by Minute" was popular, movie star John Wayne died. In 2004, the US Postal Service honored him with a stamp. What was in the last envelope you stamped and dropped in a mailbox?
Today.  I have lots of pen pals and usually have at least one letter to mail every day.

8) In 1979, the most popular new car was the Oldsmobile Cutlass. Ads promised drivers the Cutlass could make it easy to get in and out of tight parking spots. Are you good at parallel parking?
I used to be great at it.  Before my father let me get my driver's license, I had to be able to parallel park on our steep hill.  But I don't drive any more.

9) Random question: Did you know your great-grandparents?
I met my grandmother's mother once, when I was about 4.

2 comments:

  1. #7 -- I think it's great that you put pen to paper and correspond with so many so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 3 soaps with bad plot lines all at the same time. Maybe they all had the same writers!

    ReplyDelete

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...