Thursday, September 5, 2024

chickens

 I received a wonderful letter from James, in Kenya, who is 19 and not one of the kids I sponsor, but he is someone I write to.  A few months back he told me that their chicken farm had been devastated because disease in the region killed their chickens and they had no more chickens, so I sent him a donation so he could replace the chickens.  

Today he wrote, I am writing to express my heartfelt gratitude for the wonderful gift you recent sent me. It has made a significant difference in my poultry farm as I used the money to buy some chicks and some schooling items.  I am deeply appreciative of your kindness.  Your support means a great deal to me. Your contribution is not only appreciated but also inspires me to continue working hard and making the most of  the opportunities I have.


(I love this picture!)

1 comment:

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...