Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Time to go home

 Ned had convinced Walt to spend an extra few days in Santa Barbara and return home by train, so he (Ned), Marta and I took off around 10 a.m. to head home. 

We got a late breakfast/early lunch at a drive thru and then Ned decided we should go home through San Francisco, since I hadn't been there in so long.  What a wonderful surprise that was!

The city has changed so much since the last time I was there.  I don't have a clue what this building is, but I liked it so much I had to take a picture.

 And then we were on to the bridge, across it, and headed home.

We got here in time to feed Bubba, who was very happy to see us home again, though seemed confused that Walt wasn't with us.

Take-out Mexican food and then a nice night of sleep.  It was a good, long weekend, but we had such a wonderful time.

I read two whole books on this trip, one on the way down and one on the way back, plus some of the book Jeri and I are reading together while there (but I'm too far ahead of her so I have to stop reading that book until she catches up)

(it was over 100 when we got home)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing texts

 It's going to take a long time before I don't miss being able to write to Char.  There were so many things I wanted to tell her abo...