Friday, April 14, 2023

Food

 I don't think I've ever dreamed about food before, but last night I dreamed I was at some sort of festival...there was going to be judging, but I don't know judging what--animals? food? something else?

I was sitting at a table near the food court and there were people lining up to buy biscuits.  Someone told me if I wanted a biscuit, I should get in line because they would sell out...and that they were the best, fluffiest biscuits ever.  I could see the woman making them holding one up and I'd never seen a biscuit so fall and light looking

Walt came along and I asked him to get me a biscuit, but he disappeared and never came back.  (I didn't have any money so I couldn't buy them myself).   My mother was sitting with me (first time I've dreamed of her since she died) and I asked her to get biscuits, figuring she would get a biscuit for each of us but she just bought one biscuit for the two of us to share.  I like to eat the top part last because it was my favorite, but she ate the top part and gave me the bottom part.

That's when Ned came downstairs to let Bouncer out and Bubba leaped into my lap, waking me up, so I never did get to finish the biscuit story!

* * * *

Remember those wonderful days when we all first got VHS recorders and recorded our favorite TV shows and learned we could fast forward through the commercials?  We have now gotten to where we pretty much have  to watch commercials on many shows.  If you're watching a recording they have now made it impossible to fast forward through the commercials, and they also put commercials at the bottom of your screen, which covers up what is going on in the show you are watching, but you can't get rid of it.  Even on some pay channels (like paramount +) you can't fast forward and it will show you at the top left corner how many more commercials there are to go ("#2 of 5 commercials").  

We are also seeing more commercials between acts of shows. I timed it on one show and the act of the show was 5 minutes long and the commercial break was 7 minutes long.

At least you can fast forward through recordings from the Food Network.  (Shhh...don't tell them I mentioned it!)


 _____________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



My mother and her siblings
(2 of them have died at the time of this picture)


_____
8256

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...