Saturday, April 1, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves








Stolen from Tuesday 4 on Blogspot




1.Are you currently reading a book you'd like to tell us about? Maybe a TV program you can recommend to us?
I just started a David Baldacci book; haven't gotten into it yet.  I'm re-watching Scandal because I'm listening to the podcast about the episodes. I'm also pleased that Jon Stewart is back with Season Two of his The Problem on Apple+ and very pleased PBS is showing a new season of Call the Midwife. I also just found Season 1 of Abbott Elementary, which I've wanted to watch, but didn't the first season.  So now I am and am enjoying it.

2. Are you a Jane Austen fan? So many seem to be. If you are what is your favorite book and who is your favorite character.  If you aren't a fan, is there an author you especially like to read? Favorite character..etc?
I have never gotten into Jane Austen.  Years ago when I had insomnia, I tried to find a copy of Pride and Prejudice on TV because I knew it would put me to sleep in the first five minutes. 

3.  How do you spend your time during the day?  Do you set apart time to read, watch TV, study?
I don't "set apart" time for anything (other than meals).  I spend a lot of time at the computer, mostly writing letters, and I have the TV on in the background.

4. Have your beliefs changed in your life time?
My plan was to become a nun when I graduated from high school.  Now I don't even attend Mass and consider myself a "recovering Catholic."

5. What are your interests and hobbies? .. reading? writing? collecting?
Yes.  LOL.  I read a lot, write a lot, collect a little (mostly stickers, I think) and watch a lot of TV.  And I do Wordle every day.  I also have kept a blog daily (mostly) since March 2000.  I used to listen to a lot of music, but since I got my hearing aids, music sounds "different" to me and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

6 How much time a week/day/month do you devote to your interests?
Pretty much all my waking hours.

7. Do you share your interests with anyone?
Well...I have a lot of pen pals.  There is a small group (7 of us) who share our Wordle scores every day.

8.Tell us why you enjoy your hobby, pastimes or interests.
Why does anybody enjoy hobby, pastimes or interests?  They make me feel good and I enjoy doing them.

9. What emotions and feelings does summer conjure up for you?
I am not a fan of summer. In the summer my feelings are that I can't wait for autumn when the temperatures drop.

10. What's summer weather like in your neck of the woods?
Hot.  Many days over 100.

11. Got some special summer meals you and your family enjoy?
Special meal, no.  but maybe corn on the cob...and fresh locally grown strawberries and peaches..

12. What do you enjoy doing in summer? Sports, trips.. do you go on vacation?
We rarely go on vacation.  Don't do anything special in summer that we don't do any other time of the year.

13. Did your parents have things better than you today?
No.  I think we have it better.

14. What time period would you rather live in.. or are you okay with today?
There are other time periods that would be interesting to live in, but when I think of no electricity or indoor plumbing and the general smells, I'm happy to be living now.  As a white middle class child growing up, I think of the 50s as the perfect decade in which to be living, but thinking of groups like blacks and gays who were persecuted during that time, it's not as blissful as I remember it.

15. What changes would you make for our time to make it nicer/better to live in?
Pass strict gun laws.  Let republicans and democrats actually discuss things together, not just vote in a block.  Lower taxes for poor people, higher taxes for rich people.  Send #45 and Putin to a deserted island and refuse to let either of them leave...  

________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



_____
8248

9 comments:

  1. It's interesting that change in religious believe and contempt of djt have showed up more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you were considering becoming a nun? A mate of mine actually went one further and became a priest. I haven't seen him for about 40 years. I wonder what happened to him?

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another recovering Catholic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I agree that the fifties was the best time to be alive. I was born in 1944, he in 1945. But I imagine most folks remember times being great when they were young, whenever it was: That's when we had no money problems, no romance problems. All the things that can mess life up completely are taken care of by the parents when you're a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in 1943 and remember the 50s as a good time. but I wasn't black or gay or Japanese

      Delete
  5. #15 - why don't you tell us how you really feel, Bev!? LOL. I agree with you 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't it be amazing if Republicans and Democrats actually talked?? The older I get I have found that if I hear someone else's side . . .and get to know that person . . .there is often a middle ground.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...