Sunday, April 23, 2023

World Book Day


This is apparently World Book Day.  I just finished the two books I was reading, one by David Baldacci, which was not nearly as good as all of his books I have read, and the other by James Patterson and co-authors, which was OK, but nothing like James Patterson books.

So I was looking for something good to read.  I wasn't sure that I was ready to read another autobiography at the moment, since I have read so many of them lately, but with no other title that was calling out to me, I started this.  It starts  with a brief background of her life before coming to Hollywood (a part of her life which is apparently discussed in her first book) and it's so interesting that I'm "into" the book now and not looking for something else. 

It is amazing to me, having read so many autobiographies, how many stars we have known forever come from alcoholic families. Both of Andrews' parents were alcoholic and she ended up raising her younger siblings.

I found a free Tess Gerritson book for Kindle and downloaded that.  She is one of the authors I really like, so if I get tired of reading Julie Andrews' book, I can start the Gerritsen book.

I also found new podcasts that I'm listening to when I can't sleep.  I had discovered Brooke Shields' podcast which I didn't think I wanted to listen to, but I was interested in her discussion with Rosie O'Donnell...and then I found O'Donnell's interview with Shields, which I also listened to.

And then a new podcast popped up.  Apparently Kelly Ripa has decided to start a podcast and her first was a discussion with her husband (and now co-star), Mark Consuelos on marriage and intimacy (read sex).  It's an interesting discussion.  I kinda stopped watching Kelly and Ryan before Ryan Seacrest left the show and checked out the first couple of episodes with Kelly and Mark and probably won't be watching this either, but I might continue to listen to her podcasts, which are unscripted and she can say whatever she wants (the "f" word was used in the first 5 minutes!)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY


More than a dozen blooms!


____
8265

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...