Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves


Stolen from League of 



1. My favorite sources for delicious recipes
At one time I had 300 cookbooks.  Now I only have a few and I get most of my recipes on line. I watch a lot of TV cooking shows and get many recipes from Foodnetwork.com (though I don't cook any more, so I don't do that often!)

2. If I had to repeat a day over & over, how I’d want it to go
It would be a day that would include family, including David and Paul, and lots of partying...possibly Tom's birthday BBQ.

3. Who or what has saved my life
I can't think of anything or anybody who has saved my life, though there are several people who made it much better.

4. Something I can never seem to start or finish
Anything having to do with housework, for starters.  And a lot of projects I have on my computer...like organizing my hard drives, which will never get done,  though periodically I give it a try.

5. How my taste in food has changed over the years
It's pretty much been the same most of my life, though there are a couple of foods that I used to hate and now love--like mushrooms and cilantro.

6. The last time I cried
I got kind of teary this morning, realizing that it's about time to have Bouncer put down and that Ned was calling about euthanasia today.  I've come to love that dog.  We'll all miss her. (getting teary as I write this!)

7. The best parts of human nature
Compassion and Kindness

8. Concepts and ideas that bend my mind
Listening to anybody who thinks #45 was a wonderful president and should be president again bends my mind greatly!

9. What I’m most likely to ask for help with
Probably computer stuff.  Ned is pretty good about helping me with my printer when it doesn't work

10. The story behind one of my scars
I don't really have any scars.

11. I’ve never said this out loud...
If I never said it out loud before, why would I print it here?

12. Times I’ve been the leader/the one people count on
I lead La Leche League meetings for 7 years and helped women breastfeed their babies.  And to my great surprise, I seemed to do a good job starting out as office manager for the ob/gyn office for which I worked at a time when we were moving to a new building and someone had to make all the decisions and I kinda did.

13. Whenever I see these people, my heart lights up
My grandkids, of course.  And my children.

14. With my financial needs met, here’s how I’d spend my time
Doing what I'm doing now...futzing around on the computer, reading, watching TV

15. The people I talk to when I want the truth 
Ned is good at telling me the truth, even when I don't want to hear it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY



____
 8275

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning's farewell.

  (I did not have the opportunity to write a final, honest column about my 55 years at The Davis Enterprise. So I’m doing it here.) This is ...