Monday, May 1, 2023

Out on the Town


I actually went out on the town last night!  Clyde Bowman is the father of Ned's good friend KC.  He is also Ned's co-anchor for their weekly radio show.  Clyde (82) is a singer and actor, who has not performed in years.  But he has been taking lessons in comedy and a couple of weeks ago did a private "show" to present some of his stuff.  I thought he was very funny.  Last night he was part of an open mic night at Watermelon Music.  There were what seemed like hundreds of guitarists and a few others.  Clyde was funny, but seemed more nervous than he had been before...and what was his funniest joke the first time I heard him didn't work this time.  But it was still fun to see him.

I took pictures of a lot of the other performers and will post here some of them, to show the diversity.

This guy opened the show.  I liked the "watermelon" logo on the back.

This guy did as much percussion on his guitar as he actually played the instrument.  
He was pretty amazing.




The girl with the banjo had the best voice of the night.

After all the guitars it was nice to see this guy!

And then, of course, there were these guys....

(If you have Facebook, you can see the video snippet...click on the photo)

It was a fun evening.  My butt started getting very painful from sitting in the hard chair, but once I moved to my walker things were better.  My favorite part of the night -- I was wearing my Judy Garland A Star Is Born t-shirt and the guy in front of me turned around to tell me he liked my shirt...then he showed me his shirt, which had a rainbow flag on it.  We Garland fans have to stick together!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY



____
 8276   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...