Saturday, May 27, 2023

Sunday Stealing



Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves





Stolen from Kwizgiver






1. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive through?
If I'm by myself, I prefer to drive through.  If I'm with others, go in.  I haven't been to a fast food place in a long time, though, probably not since our last trip to Santa Barbara a year ago.

2. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet
Probably, but I can't think of anything important.

3. Do you have a dog?
We had Ned's dog, Bouncer, put to sleep a couple of week ago so we only have Bubba, the lapdog, right now.

4.  Ever go camping
Many times before we were married and when the kids were young.  Haven't been camping in years, tho. My body could definitely not take sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag!

5. Have you met anyone famous
Lots of people.  The most famous, though, would be Judy Garland.  And I went to a bridal shower at Michelle Phillips' (The Mamas and the Papas) house

6. Any plans today?
I have to find and post a few more Sunday Stealings, to get me through the month of June.  And there are still letters to be answered.

7. Are you happy
Sure.  Or at least content.

8. Where are you right now
Sitting at my desk in my office.

9. Biggest annoyance in your life right now
In my personal life there is nothing particularly annoying, but in the country the debate about the debt ceiling and whether or not we are going to throw the whole world into financial crisis is a bit annoying.

10. Last song listened to
I listened to Ned's radio show this week and heard a lot of songs that I never knew before.

11. Last movie you saw
The last movie I saw in a theater was 80 for Brady, which we saw on my 80th birthday.

12. Are you allergic to anything
I can't take statins, but that means I can eat grapefruit!

13. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
These days I rarely leave the house and wear slippers al the time.  Outside I usually wear Birkenstocks.

14. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Watching  the wild kangaroos in Western Australia when I was there in 2003.  I'm thinking about Australia a lot today, though, because I watched a wonderful documentary, Almost Australian, with Miriam Margolyes yesterday. I was not familiar with her before (apparently she was in one of the Harry Potters)  She's 80, fat and lesbian and lets you know that outright.  i found her a delight and I loved learning about different parts of Australia.  Sad that she never made it to Western Australia, which was the only state I visited.

15. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot?
I use smiley faces.  Not sure I use  them a lot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY


Bubba and Bouncer

                                                                                      ____                                                                                     
8304


11 comments:

  1. Awww, I am sorry about Bouncer. I love a good lap dog. I would love a cuddle from Bubba. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Bouncer. I am envious of meeting Judy Garland. What a great talent she was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE grapefruit, but since I'm on a statin, I've only eaten one twice in the past decade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MIriam Margolyes is a British legend - really funny and has been known to express here views without a filter on TV shows. She is very famous and well-loved in the UK - and yes, she has been in Harry Potter (as have a lot of British actors). If you watch the movie "End of Days" with Arnold Schwarzenegger, she has a fight with him. It's brilliant.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I'll check out "End of Days."

      Delete
  5. Wow! You met Judy Garland - that is awesome! Was the baby shower at Michelle's house just like a baby shower at anyone else's home or was it over the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just like anyone else's home. She is a good friend of Walt's cousin's daughter. (She did offer me a puff of her marijuana cigarette; I declined.)

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry about Bouncer.
    Judy Garland!! Wow!!

    I'm allergic to statins too.
    I have been offered something new..small shots once in a while. But it was not necessary at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think meeting Judy Garland must've been a highlight of your life. I am sorry about Bouncer.

    ReplyDelete

very sad

There are days when I feel very old...and very sad. Today is one of those days.  I just heard from the husband of a friend, who says that sh...