Monday, May 22, 2023

Getting creative

 My desk is always a mess, but the past few days it's gotten worse than ever, with piles of papers, postcards, boxes of stickers, and just uncategorized junk, as well as lots of clips of paper on the floor.

I had gone looking for something that Ned had neatly stashed somewhere when he organized my office while I was in the hospital.  Usually I can find what I'm looking for, but I couldn't and so started going through many boxes and finding wonderful things I'd forgotten I had, most of which inspired me to make new pages for the magpie journal that I'm currently working on.

Somewhere I found this quote t hat I saved years ago and I made a decorated page out of it


I loved finding a lot of descriptions about pretzels


I found a book of sticky paper that I have been looking for literally years.  I knew I had it, but didn't have a clue where it was...it's all colored paper that has a sticky back, so you don't have to glue it and can use it as the background for some stickers.


Finding bookmarks and stickers gave me the idea for this book page


When I found this mini air mailer, it gave me and idea for doing a snail mail display.


I found some books I used many years ago to send pages to the granddaughters (who are now reading adult books and wouldn't be interested in these).  It made a fun page.


I had such a good time just "finding" stuff and figuring out how to use it creatively.  I still have 10 pages left in the book I'm filling before I can mail it.  I'm having such fun

_____________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY



                                                                                      ____                                                                                       

8298

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...