Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The News

 I'm going to have to stop watching the news, though it has become impossible to do.  But my goodness what is happening in this country?

An 18 year old with automatic guns, of course, and Nazi insignia rammed into the gate of the White House with the idea that he was going to kill Biden and take over as president.  Said the Nazis had the right ideas.

A couple of 12 year olds have killed people with guns...I don't remember where.  it seems like every day there is a mini or mass killing and it's difficult to keep them all straight.  Maybe we are all just becoming inured to the violence.  Republicans certainly are inured...they keep sending prayers and condolences for all the good that does.

DeSantis says the problem is not guns, it is mental health...and then he cuts funding to mental health programs.

Some state--I can't remember which one now--says that if school librarians give a banned book to a student they can go to jail for 8 years on a federal offense.

And is it Arkansas that wants to lift the segregation laws so that schools can be segregated again.  Didn't we do this in the 50s?

I swear, it's just so depressing to hear the news...and then to hear  that Republicans are willing to cause major financial damage to the whole world rather than lift the debt ceiling, which is so high already because their god spent so much money while he was in office.

I think I need a nap.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY

Somehow this seems appropriate today.

                                                                                      ____                                                                                       

8299

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...