Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Surprise, surprise


Awhile ago, I sent in an Ancestry DNA sample and finally got my results today.

Am I surprised?

Definitely not.  In fact, pleased to see that while I always say I'm Irish and Scottish that I am actually pretty much the same amount of each, so no wonder I feel "celtic."

As for the 2 other regions, they are England and France.  I don't think it said Germany, but I know my grandmother's father came to the US from Germany, so perhaps I didn't quite understand. But if I have German in me, it's very little...probably just enough to enjoy "hockies" for breakfast!  (fried bread dough)

The DNA sample is supposed to point you to others on Ancestry.com who share your DNA.  One of them is a cousin I know very well, the other is a name I'm not sure about...I know the last name is that of my uncle but there is only a first initial and I'm not sure who it is (the uncle is not a blood relative anyway; he was married to my aunt).  So I haven't discovered any wonderful new cousins, which is fine.  I wasn't looking for any.

But now I have DNA proof that I really descended from Ireland and Scotland.  No wonder I enjoy Outlander so much!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY


Our family crest

                                                                                      ____                                                                                       8283  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...