Saturday, May 27, 2023

20/25

 Well, Miriam Margolyes never got to Perth and I didn't see any kangaroos in her trip around Australia, but I still enjoyed the documentary a lot.

So today I had an eye appointment.  I forgot how long it's been since my last appointment.  I used to have an exam every year, but stopped when COVID came along and I stayed in the house.  But I know my eyes have deteriorated significantly. It is amazing how much I miss things printed on the television.  The vision loss was proven when the doctor tested my eyes.  My glasses, when I got them, allowed me to have 20/20 vision in my left (good) eye.  I never think about my right eye because it's always been my bad eye.  When the doctor tested my good eye with my glasses today, it was 20/40.  No wonder I've been reading most of the stuff on my phone with a magnifying glass!

Ned went with me to the appointment and helped me pick out new frames.  They are pretty much like the frames I've had for years, but with a bigger lens, which I think I'll like.  He tells me this is the brand Tom Cruz wore in Top Gun but I think my eyesight, even with trifocals, won't let me fly jet planes.

🔱🔱🔱🔱

Monday is the annual Paul Picnic, here in Davis.  I'll be doing stuffed eggs and banana bread to bring (using up all the overripe bananas we have in the kitchen!).  It's been so long since I've actually baked anything, I wonder if I'll remember.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY


Ned got a new puzzle for us to work on.

                                                                                      ____                                                                                       

8302


No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...