Saturday, May 20, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 




Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves





Stolen from The Book of Questions

1. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate?
sometimes.  

2. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?
II had to make that decision when Walt and I were dating.  He was ALWAYS late and I remember standing on the street, furious, thinking about his lateness and deciding I had to simply ignore it or break up with him.  Obviously I decided to ignore it.  He's much better now, 58 years later.

3. Can you be counted on to be on time?
Yes. I suppose it's being the daughter of a train man.  Even when I get lost going somewhere by myself, I always arrive within 5 minutes one way or the other of when I was expected.

4. When did you last yell at someone?  Why?
Hmmm...I don't remember yelling in the recent past.

5. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose?
Well, I would say "cook" but I have an extremely good cook, since my son Ned decided to take over the cooking for me a year or so ago.  

6. Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow?  Do you eat meat?
No and Yes.  And I feel guilty about eating meat, when I think of the slaughter.  I don't eat veal any more, though.  Can't think of the baby calves being slaughtered.

7. Do you feel ill at ease going alone to either diner or a movie?  What about going on a vacation by yourself?
I have absolutely no problem going alone to a diner or a movie and have done so many times. I would prefer not to go on a vacation by myself,  You need someone you can say "oooo...look at that!" to.

8. Would you like to be famous?  In what way?
definitely not Hollywood famous, but I wouldn't mind being a famous writer, since nobody would ever recognize you on the street.

9. Would you rather play a game with someone more or less talented than you?
More talented, unless it's a child.

10. Is there something you've dreamed of doing for a long time?  Why haven't you done it?
I've wanted two trips -- to Africa for a photo safari, but Walt isn't interested (and now my body couldn't take it) and the inland passage to Alaska.  We almost did that once, but our friends Char and Mike invited us to join them on a cruise to Russia and we did that instead.

11. If you were at a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner and found a dead cockroach in your salad, what would you do?
Cover it over with a piece of lettuce and not eat the salad. If it was a very good friend, I would let her know, privately, what I'd found.

12. Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities sans hat or wig without explaining the reason for your haircut?
Well, I kind of did that when I had my head shaved to raise money for children's cancer research.  But nobody paid me $10,000

13. If you were able to wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, would you do so?  Whom would you pick?
I have enough difficulty in THIS body, rather than learning to live an someone else's body.

14. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I'd like to have lived in a house in a residential area instead of a flat where there were so few other kids (my father refused to buy a house because his mother told him it was a bad investment.  The house he could have bought for $2,000 in the 1940s now sells for over $1 million!).  I'd also like to have a father who wasn't bipolar (they didn't have that diagnosis then, but looking back, it's obvious that he was)

15. What, if anything, is  too serious to be joked about?
Humor is helpful in pretty much most serious areas, even death.  But it depends on the person you are talking with.  I would not joke about a child's death to his/her parents, though our family certainly joked a lot, between tears, about the deaths of both David and Paul.

._____________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY


Cup I had made for Char

                                                                                      ____                                                                                       

8296

7 comments:

  1. A photo safari in Africa sounds amazing. My husband has been to Alaska and is going again this year. He is going on a fishing trip. I, on the other hand, would enjoy the Alaskan cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #15: Yes, sometimes humor can get us through the toughest times! I remember laughing very hard while planning my mother's service. The funeral director recommended we play her favorite songs and considering my mom's affection for Englebert Humperdinck (!), well, I'm starting to smile again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughter of a train man sounds like a good book title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except that he wasn't employed by the train, but by the US Postal Service; he worked the mail from SF to LA and back again. But yes, "Daughter of a train man" does sound like a good book title!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I suspect my dad was manic depressive but he was a very wicked and mean manic Depressive. Too bad about that house though. Geeze

      Delete

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...