Saturday, May 13, 2023

Sunday Stealing

                                



Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves





Stolen from Kwizgiver






1. What is in the back seat of your car right now
I haven't looked, since I no longer drive, but I don't think there is anything in the back of the seat right now.

2. When was the last time you threw up?
Oh Lord...I can't remember.  A very long time ago.

3. What's your favorite word or phrase?
I love the word "Strawphylactic," which isn't a real word, but which means the bit of paper they leave on top of the straw that they bring your drink to you in a restaurant. 

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today
Bubba (dog) always makes me smile
Michael J. Fox on TV this morning made me smile
Local comedian Jack Gallagher, whom we saw in performance last night, made me smile

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Drinking coffee and watching cooking shows on the Food Network.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Drinking coffee and watching cooking shows on the Food Network

7. What would constitute the perfect evening for you?
A delicious dinner, maybe with dessert (which we rarely have), and then a night of great TV, and falling asleep easily, possibly to a Monk marathon.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Just once, in San Francisco in the 1960s.  A friend of Walt's, who was visiting with his wife, wanted to see what one was like.  Both wives were pregnant and all of the big clubs were too expensive, but we found a small club that welcomed us in.  We were the ONLY people in the audience and we sat in hard chairs and faced a stage which was backed by mirrors while a very bored looking naked woman danced to "Harper Valley PTA."  I didn't know where to look--at the dancer or at my reflection behind her.  And we couldn't leave because we were the only ones there! 

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Have a good day," to Ned as he was leaving to go work at the Whole Earth Festival at UC Davis.

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
I usually ask for Butter Pecan, but there are a lot that I like.  In the summer, I love fresh peach. 

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Coffee

12. What are you wearing right now?
PJ bottoms and a Judy Garland t-shirt

13. What was the last thing you ate
Oatmeal with bananas

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week
I bought 2 Judy Garland t-shirts last year.  Other than those, I haven't bought any new clothing items in the last year or two.

15. When was the last time you ran?
I don't know, but I was much younger and weighed a lot less. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY




                                                                                      ____                                                                                      
8289

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about watching that Michael J. Fox documentary. It's reviewed well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Strawphylactic" - great word.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've mentioned strawphaylactic before and it's a fun word. I've got to remember it. The strip club story is too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...