Friday, May 19, 2023

Saturday 9

 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Mirrors (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune?  Hear it here.

1) Is there a mirror in the room you're in now?
Yes; a small hand mirror.
 
2) In this song, Justin Timberlake tells his lover he just can't wait till they're together. What are you eagerly looking forward to today?\
Nothing, really.  I'm always looking forward to the mail, but it was already delivered.
 
3) Justin Timberlake is known as a sharp dresser who is always on trend. What item have you recently added to your wardrobe?
A warm shirt that says "Yes; I'm cold" on it.  

4) Justin was an accomplished child performer who appeared on the entertainment competition show Star Search when he was just 11. When Crazy Sam was 11, her only job was loading and unloading the dishwasher, for which she received an allowance from her dad. Did you have chores when you were a kid?
Doing the dishes; dusting.  That's about it.
 
5) He says he tries never to miss breakfast, even on the road, and his favorite is peanut butter banana pancakes. Given the choice, do you prefer pancakes, french toast, or waffles?
It's a toss-up between pancakes and waffles, though Marta made a delicious French toast for Mother's Day.

6) When they were still in their teens, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were sweethearts. Obviously it's been easy for him to keep up with her successes and problems over the years. Do you wonder what one of your exes is up to?
I've always wondered about my co-star in a play, whom I dated for a year.  He wanted to be an actor and was in a couple of movies when I dated him (as an extra), but I've never been able to find him since.  Of course it doesn't help that his last name was Jones.
 
7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking of your working life, have you felt greater stress on your first day at a job, or your last?
I was office manager for an ob/gyn office that was being sold to a bigger health group.  There was a lot of pressure for the office managers of all the offices to conform to the desires of the health group, which were not the desires of the office for which I worked.  They let me know that my services were no longer required (though they didn't fire me)  I ended up resigning and on the last day, when they expected me to break in the new person, we all had lunch together and I went out to the kitchen, supposedly to get a second piece of pizza, and snuck out without anybody, except one friend knowing. (It took them 4 tries before they found a replacement that worked out for them; one hire didn't even make it through orientation.)

8) Also in 2013, the NHL owners reached an agreement with the players union and avoided a strike. Have you ever belonged to a union?
No.

9) Random question: When was one of the first times when you felt like an adult?
I was living in my own apartment and got the flu.  It was when I realized there was nobody to take care of me, bring me orange juice, take my temperature, etc that I realized I really was an adult.

._____________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY


Cup I had made for Char

                                                                                      ____                                                                                       

8295

5 comments:

  1. #6: I hope one day you find out what your actor-friend has been up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the 60s and I suspect he was gay, so I would not be surprised to hear he died of AIDS.

      Delete
  2. We told somewhat similar stories for #7. I, too, snuck out of a job that had become miserable and I admit, there was a wee bit of satisfaction in leaving my boss stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9! Yes, that is a great answer! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...