Friday, May 12, 2023

Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Mama Said (1961)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This week's song is about a girl who remembers wise advice she received from her mother. Tell us about someone who advised you years ago and to this day you think, "They were right!"
I was the first in my family to go to college, so my parents had no advice for me, but their friend, a graduate from Stanford, had lots of advice for me...sadly, none of it worked for me!

2) She sings about hearing chapel bells. Can you hear church bells ringing from your home?
No.
 
3) This week's featured artists are the Shirelles, a group formed in New Jersey in 1957. They are credited for beginning the girl group genre. Name another popular girl group.
The Andrews Sisters, Patty, Maxine and Laverne.

4) In 1961, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy appeared on the cover of Ladies Home Journal three times. Is there a printed magazine in your home right now? If so, who is on the cover?
The printed magazines that we have are the Food Network magazine (which has a lemon tart on the cover) and "The Week," which has a cartoon of President Zelensky on the cover.

5) This song was chosen in celebration of Mother's Day. More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year. Who was your last phone call from?
Daughter Jeri, who is very good about calling regularly.
 
6) Salons see a bump in appointments around Mother's Day every year. Partly because moms want to look good for their day, but also because hair, spa and nail services are a popular Mother's Day gift. When did you most recently go to a salon, and was it for your hair, complexion, or nails?
I went to a salon a couple of years ago to have my hair cut.  I usually go to Supercuts and was shocked that this salon was $70 for the haircut. Since then, Marta has taken over cutting my hair.  I

7) Similarly, restaurants experience a spike in reservations on Mother's Day. Where did you last dine out? Was a reservation required?
I think the last time we dined out was on my birthday in February.  We went to Fenton's Creamery, and because there were so many of us (a dozen or more), we did have a reservation.
 
8) The most popular Mother's Day gift is still the greeting card. Where do you card shop: drugstore, bookstore, card shop, etc.?
Mostly CVS or the supermarket

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?
Classic milk chocolate...preferably See's.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY


                                                                                      ____                                                                                       

8288

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture! I love it. Loved your answers! Have a Happy Mother's Day! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Such a cute picture! I have never had See's candy. I have never seen it sold around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of beautiful you with your beautiful mama... And that supercuts price is astounding! wow! And even though you may not have gotten the advice you needed, you did a great job of finding what life advice you really needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 My father was the first and only one to go to college of his brother’s and sister’s, he was the first born male in the family so my grandparents sent him to college. I think that there were always some friction there.
    #3 I loved the The Andrews Sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...