Thursday, May 4, 2023

Amazon tester

 

I have been invited to become an Amazon tester!

I don't know how, but I got a card inviting me to join the Amazon test club and it says that "We offer every member one free item for test and a certain amount of commission (Commission amount depends on the item's price, up to $40)."

Maybe it's because I do review many products that I order from Amazon.

According to Google, "An Amazon product tester or Amazon reviewer is someone that tests and reviews Amazon products. This can be a paid or unpaid role and it can come with benefits like: 

* Free Amazon products
* Compensation

"Product testing is a side hustle that might be worth pursuing for shoppers who enjoy sharing their opinions and providing unbiased reviews about the products they try.

"Recurring paid opportunities to review Amazon products might not be abundant. Still, it's a fun way to get rewarded for sharing your opinion and bagging some free or discounted products."

It will be interesting to see how this goes.  Apparently they are sending me a cartridge for my printer.  It may or may not actually fit the printer, but whatever...I keep it and hopefully review it.  This is no little thing...printer cartridges cost about $40.  Apparently if you have a blog with a large following and mention the product on your blog and people go to Amazon and order it, you get a larger compensation.

I don't think Funny the World is going to turn into a major advertisement venue, but I might mention a thing or two on here eventually.\

Anyway, at the very least, it's a new experiment to try.

* * * *

The Upper Crust Bakery in Davis, which was established by friends of ours and is now owned and run by their son, had a major disaster a few days ago.  A patron's car crashed into the store (see Photo of the Day).  It was one of  those things where the driver accidentally stepped on the gas rather than the brake.  Four people were injured. It's one of the things that, at 80 years old, I'm terribly afraid of doing, which is why I didn't renew my license when it expired this year.  I knew I could still drive just fine, but there was always that "moment" when you forget that can be disastrous.  I remember the night Walt accidentally made a left turn into the oncoming traffic here in town.  My scream got him to change to the correct direction, but that's the sort of thing I'm afraid I'd do.

The Upper Crust now has a GoFundMe page, raising money to repair the shop and to build a patio out in front to prevent something like this ever happening again.  If you feel generous and care to help, I'm sure they would appreciate it.  There have been nearly 300 donations so far.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   PHOTO OF THE DAY

Upper Crust Bakery

____
 8279

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...