Monday, August 28, 2023

Busy Day

I slept in until 7 this morning (late for me) and then around 11, Walt took me to Kaiser for my second shingles shot.  We also stopped at the lab for me to get blood testing.  Then home.

Ned bought pork chops for us for dinner and so I asked Walt to pick apples so I could make applesauce. (remember The Brady Bunch -- "pork chops and applesauce.")   I remember so fondly my mother sitting with a bowl in her lap, peeling apples with a knife, being able to peel an entire apple without breaking the skin.  I hate peeling apples but the last pie I made, where I used apple chunks (unpeeled) wasn't really very good, so I peeled the apples for the applesauce.  I should have used a recipe.  I think I used too much cinnamon and I got so involved with the Hulu show, Secret Chef, that I didn't check on it soon enough.  I managed to save it from burning, but just barely.  It's too dark, but I think that's from the cinnamon.  I didn't use much sugar because the apples themselves are sweetish.

Anyway, it will go well with the pork chops, assuming I don't ruin the pork chops!

* * * *

Secret Chef is a weird cooking competition.  If you are into cooking shows, and if you get Hulu, I recommend checking it out.  It's much different from any cooking competition I've ever seen and while I didn't intended to binge watch it, I pretty much did, over 2 days.  If you don't get Hulu, at least Google the show and read what it says about it.

Speaking of Google, I've been having such a terrible time trying to find anything on Google, with all the ads and if you're looking for something, it will be maybe the 5th thing in the list and won't give you what you are looking for.

A pen pal of mine said she no longer uses Google and uses Bing instead.  Oh my word.  Why have I not been using Bing all these years?  Ask for Tulsa, OK and you get a page about Tulsa, OK...you don't get dozens of sites for tours of Tulsa, and famous sites in Tulsa, before you actually get anything about the city itself.  I hardly use Google at all any more.

____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 


Ned has taught Bubba a trick

8381

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...