Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Look, Ma...

There are adjustments to make with a new dentist.  I haven't quite said goodbye to Cindy! And if I met my new dentist on the street, I would not know her because I've never seen her without a mask!

Today I went in for my routine cleaning. Cindy always had big posters on the ceiling, so that while you were having your teeth worked on, you could check out lots of shells or types of cheese or various plants and other things.  She changed them periodically and it was nice to study them while they were scraping my teeth.

The new dentist has removed the posters and has put a TV in each examining area.


I assume they are all tuned to the National Geographic channel, which is a good thing to watch for an hour (don't imagine I could watch an episode of Monk.  LOL)  So they get you in the seat and adjust the TV so you can see it and the first thing they do is tilt your chair back so the only thing you can see is the top 1/3 of the TV screen.  I did see hippo ears and the heads of giraffes.  And because of the way I have to look through my glasses at this angle, I am looking through my bifocal lens and so everything looks blurry.  Nice idea, but it didn't work!

But the appointment otherwise was fine and I was out in the 97 degree sun to wait for Walt to pick me up.

The other things about this new dentist is Cindy always sent out reminders about 3 weeks before your appointment, so you could be sure you were brushing and flossing better.  I didn't remember when this appointment was and was surprised when they called on Monday to tell me that the appointment was on Wednesday.

But now I'm OK until December.  Maybe by then they will have figured out how to position the television sets so people can actually LOOK at them.

_____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 


Facebook posted this collage today.
Sad to see how she is "with it" in the first
picture and then begins to lose it and
by the 4th picture, she doesn't know
who she is or who I am.

8371

No comments:

Post a Comment

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...