Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tomatoes

 Ned harvested the cherry tomatoes last night.


They were delicious.  We each got one tomato.  I hope this is encouragement for a bigger tomato field next year!

Friday is Ned's birthday and today he received a gift from Phil, who has been working on building this for the past few weeks.


Phil will be flying out here the end of the week and will drive up with their friend Greg to be with Ned on his birthday.  I'm giving him his gift at dinner tonight...but I can't take a picture until after he's opened it!

I have spent the last two days being very creative...and my office shows it.


I have gone through lots of boxes and uncovered so much stuff.  Oh my lord how many memories!  But then the question is....what to do with them now.  I want to keep them more accessible, but that means piled on the floor, on my desk and wherever I can find a flat surface.  I have used a lot of fun things in the journal I am currently making, including a lot of things I saved from my trip to Australia, which I don't want any more.  

The photos and letters from the kids over many years have been particularly emotional to look  through again.  I know some people never save stuff like this but it's so nice to stumble across a lot of these things 20 or more years later.  But when I look at all this stuff around me which makes it difficult to walk across the room, I have to think that if this house were to be destroyed, it would almost be a blessing.

Not really!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 


There may be a pot of gold
in Tom's back yard!


8376

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...