Saturday, August 5, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.



Stolen from Facebook

1.  What do you have hanging on your walls?
Most family stuff, but a couple of paintings in the living room.



2.  Have you used an outrageous excuse to get out of jury duty?
I explained that I was in my 70s with a quirky bladder.  I was never called for jury duty again.

3. Where do you like to go shopping (not for groceries)
CVS (I don't shop much!)  I do a lot of shopping on line at Amazon and Temu.  And I will spend hours in any book store I happen across.

4. What was the last movie you saw in a movie theater?
The new Indiana Jones movie.

5. If you wrote a note and put it in a bottle to throw out to sea, what would the note say?
Help...I'm being held captive in a bottle factory.

6. What decision have you made in your life that you regret?
Quitting college.

7. What is in your junk drawer?
junk!  Or should I ask "WHICH junk drawer?"

8. Have you ever gone to a high school reunion?
I went to my 50th reunion.  None of my friends were there and those who were there were people I never knew well.  But my freshman homeroom teacher came, and that was cool.

9. Would you rather receive the GOOD news or the BAD news first?
The good, I guess.

10. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
* messages that run under the tv show you are watching
* mail that doesn't get delivered until dinnertime
* Google!  You used to be able to find things easily on Google...now it's so complicated, it's almost impossible.

11. Are there famous people from where you live?
Tony Fields graduated from Davis High and went on to dance in a couple of Michael Jackson videos and was part of the cast of the movie A Chorus Line.  A friend of our kids was writer of a popular TV show (the name of which I can't remember).  John Lescroart is a popular author. Rock musician Mike Franti went to school with our kids.

12. What kitchen gadgets do you use most?
coffee pot, juice squeezer, jar opener

13. Who was your elementary school best friend?
Her name was Judy.  I reconnected with her a few years ago.

14. Choose an animal and tell us 4 things about that animal.
* Elephants live in families, and males are made to leave when they become teenagers
* Elephants grieve over friends who die and will return to visit the grave time and time again.
* Female elephants gestate from 20-22 months
* Elephants drink more than 50 gallons of water a day.

15. What is your favorite pizza topping?  What do you never want on a pizza?
My favorite is mushroom and sausage.  Never give me liver or beets

________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



Tom's family is in New Zealand
(Love Bri's hair)


8361

8 comments:

  1. Yuck -- please don't ever give me liver or beets on a pizza either! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3. I keep seeing adverts for Temu - I will have to investigate.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be aware that it can be addictive. They have free mailing, but I don't know if that incudes the UK.

      Delete
  3. Beets on pizza? OMG! I do go to the local CVS a lot, now that you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd write about elephants. I use Bing now for most of my searches; I stopped using google ages ago because the results were irrelevant most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding me about Bing. I just bookmarked it and it gave me exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to my 50th at the end of the month. Mushrooms sound good!

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...