Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Ned & Marta are home

I slept until 7 this morning and woke up to the smell of coffee.

That's one thing I miss when Ned's not here.  He almost always wakes up before I do and gets the coffee made so that when I wake up, coffee is all ready for me and all I have to do is pour myself a cup.  This past weekend, I had to make coffee four days.  So it was great to wake up to the smell of coffee this morning.

He, Marta and Phil, who had flown out from Brasil to help Ned celebrate his birthday at Lake Tahoe, arrived here around 3 yesterday afternoon.  It was a surprise to me, since I expected him to arrive on Tuesday and had made plans for dinner for Walt and me. I'll tell ya, my brain just isn't here these days.

They brought leftovers which we had for dinner, and I'll cook the pork chops for dinner tonight, since Ned and Phil are going in to Sacramento for dinner with a friend and then out to the airport to send Phil home to Boston.

Bubba was thrilled that Ned and Marta were home.


He didn't know what to do at night while they were gone, since he usually sleeps in bed with them.  Walt can't let him into his bedroom because he is hooked up to oxygen and Bubba can get into the cords.  Sometimes he would sleep with me, but didn't really like it and I'd wake up in the morning and find him asleep in his little bed on a futon in the living room.  But I didn't see him at all last night.

They stopped at a bakery on the way home and picked up a berry pie, which we shared for dessert after dinner


It's been a very short visit with Phil, but he was happy to be here for Ned's birthday...and to see Ned with the guitar that Phil made for him.


___________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 



8382

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...