Saturday, August 19, 2023

Sunday Stealing - Name Your Favorite

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from Ned the Duck




Name Your Favorite…


    Place:  San Francisco

    Color:  Red

    Smell:  Freshly brewed coffee; freshly baking bread

    Magazine: The Week

    Texture:  Velvet

    Thing to do when bored:   Watch TV, read

    Precious stone:  Emerald

    Animal:  domestic: dog; wild: elephant

    Time in history:  Since I'm so interested in "Outlander," I guess it would be the middle to late 1700s.

    Font:  I've been visiting 1001 Free Fonts and have found several handwriting fonts that I like.  LaBelle Aurore is one.  (I'm not sure I can use that font in this entry)   

   Sound:  Ocean waves crashing on the shore.

    Fruit:  Hard to tell, but probably strawberries

    Vegetable:  artichoke

    Store/shop:  Amazon!

    Quote: "No friendship can ever cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark upon it forever." -F. Mauriac

    Historical figure:  I don't really have a "favorite" historical figure, but since Jeri just orchestrated a musical about Joan of Arc, I've learned more about her and now want to read her bio.  I've always been interested in Henry VIII ever since seeing a Masterpiece series on him back when Masterpiece was just starting....interested in him, but definitely not approving of him.

    Letter:  I never thought of having a favorite letter, but "S" came to mind.

    Memory: Oh so many!  One favorite memory is always the Lawsuit concert at UC Davis for Whole Earth Festival.


    Dessert:  cheesecake or creme brulee

    Candy:  See's California brittle

    Restaurant:  The Dead Fish in Crockett

    Language:  Other than English, Portuguese or French

    Thing to learn about:  So many things.  I read about something I've never thought about on the internet and suddenly I want to know more about it.  I'm interested in the history of Ireland.  I read a lot about the Holocaust.  I love reading about archeological discoveries.  I'm always interested in the history of San Francisco.  I love reading about race horses.  I'm always interested in movie history.  And much more.

    Thing about yourself:  I like my sense of humor and my relationship with my kids.  I consider myself a kind and caring person.

_____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 



8373

3 comments:

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...