Thursday, August 31, 2023

A mystery

 A big, heavy package was delivered from Amazon yesterday.  I couldn't think what I had ordered except a few pair of slacks, which were supposed to have been delivered by August 23.  I couldn't imagine why the box was so big and so heavy.

As I started to open it, I realized that it was cold and I found two big bags of ice-like substances, which explains why the package was cold...but what was the actual package??

I finally got through all the packing and found a lovely heart shaped box of Godiva chocolates. There was no note other than "I hope you like your gift."  Near as I could figure, the "gift" had come from Amazon, but why?

I checked my orders to see if perhaps I had inadvertently ordered it (though I don't have a clue how I could have done that), but there was no order for chocolates on my record.

I put a note on Facebook, hoping that someone on FB had sent it and would own up to it, but all the comments I got were to just go ahead and enjoy the chocolates (which I was doing!)

I gave up trying to figure out where it came from, but later in the evening it occurred to me that perhaps my swap partner for the "Happy Mailbox All Month August 23" had sent it.  It was a swap where you send "something" (letters, gifts, etc) once a week for the month.  I had received several things from her and the month was over, but I took a chance and wrote to her.  And yes, she sent the candy.  She said she had written a note, but Amazon didn't include it in the package.

It's kind of sad that I figured it out because it was fun wondering where this mysterious gift had come from, but I'm glad that I did, so I could thank her.  Sadly, I was eating too much of it, so sent the box up to Ned and Marta's apartment and told Walt if he wanted chocolate he could get it from them.  But what I had eaten up to that point was delicious.

___________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 


8383

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...