Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Conversations

 Ned and Marta were gone for a long weekend.  They went to see a concert in So. California and then spent the weekend just hanging around on the beach, going to restaurants, etc.  They flew home yesterday and Walt drove out to the airport in the 102 temperature to pick them up.

Ned was so good.  Before he left, he made sure we had food...bought chicken thighs (which Marta doesn't like, so he never cooks), frozen lasagna, and Brasilian cheese breads.  With that and the basil plant which Walt harvested so I could make pesto, we had good dinners for each of the nights that they were gone...and we had pizza for dinner last night after they came home.

It was a quiet weekend.  Walt spends most of his time in his office upstairs and I spend most of my time in my office downstairs.  Walt is not a big chatter so dinner was quiet since we didn't watch The Match Game, which we normally do every night when Ned and Marta are home.

I didn't realize that I missed conversations until Ned came into my office to tell me about their weekend and to talk to me about various TV shows.  Walt is not a TV watcher, and I'm a TV addict, so I'm always happy to have Ned to talk with about television.  But as he was standing there talking about a show, I just realized how happy I was to have a conversation going.  I didn't think I'd missed  it while they were gone, but I was sure happy to have it now that they were back.

__________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



8364

No comments:

Post a Comment

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...