Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Fear of Flying

 Ned did a terrible thing to me.  He has asked me for the past three days whether or not I have started watching H/Jack (or should it be Hijack?)  It's streaming on Apple+ and I'm not sure which day it posts, but there are now 4 episodes and Ned watched the 4th tonight and told me how great it was.

I actually was planning on watching it last night, but fell asleep after Jeopardy and didn't turn on the TV until after 7 a.m.  But tonight was going to be the night I would start watching it.  I found out one doesn't simply "start" watching it!  It is so gripping that when episode 1 ended, I had to watch episode 2...and now I've watched all 4 (of 7) episodes and won't be able to watch #5 until next week.

It's such an amazing story.  A flight from Dubai to London is hijacked.  We still don't know why, but Idris Elba plays a corporate negotiator who tries to use his professional skills to save everyone on board.  It is a series you can't look away from!  So here I am at 1 a.m. writing about it, having seen 4 episodes!

This has not done anything to make me feel comfortable flying!!!

🛪🛪🛪

I've finally figured out that I think one of my hearing aids isn't working.  I contacted the doctor and she said to "come right in" but her first appointment isn't until the 25th.  I think the thing works better earlier in the day, but as it gets later it is less and less effective.  I can't hear Walt when he talks at the dinner table because he's on the side of my bad hearing aid.

Anyway, I have an appointment on the 25th and it will be nice to get it all fixed again.  I'm paying attention to the weird things I've been noticing about it for several weeks now.  At least the other one works or I'd be pretty much deaf now.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY




8341

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...