Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Listen!

I have had my audiologist appointment.  I've been having difficulties with one of my hearing aids and wrote to her about it and she suggested an appointment.  When I told Ned about it, he showed me a setting where I could change the hearing level of the aid I was having trouble with and that helped, but there were still a couple of things I wanted help with.

Turns out that I am supposed to have a visit with the audiologist once a year to check my hearing aids and every two years to check my hearing, so actually this is was an appointment I should have made whether I was having trouble with my aids or not.

She checked both hearing aids and both seem to be working fine but she says if my problems continue, to let her know and she'll have them repaired.  Both Ned and I had questions to ask her, tho.  I mentioned that everyone is complaining that I speak too softly now and she laughed and said this is a common thing.  Now that I'm hearing myself through the hearing aids, I tend to speak more softly.  I also asked her long a battery should last in a day.  I have been not wearing the hearing aids in the mornings when I'm here all by myself, thinking that I need to save the charge for nighttime, when I really need them.  She says they should last about 12 hours, depending on what you are using them for, so I'm OK.

Ned talked with her about changing the filter, which she said should probably be done every couple of weeks (we have let it go much longer...and I do notice the difference in clarity when it's been changed), I am so lucky Ned is here to change the filter.  It is so tiny there is no way I can do it and with Walt's essential tremor there is no way he could do it. 

So we left feeling good and ready to make an appointment for a hearing test next year.

# # # # #

We have a land line but never answer it because with very few exceptions all we get are sales calls on it.  We use our cell phones instead.  There is a recording for the land line and most of the time the salespeople don't even leave a message.  But there is a company called Sunrun, which is a company that makes solar panels, that has started calling.  They must call a dozen times a day, leaving a recorded message. I'm wondering how much longer we're going to have to put up with them.

________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



8353

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...