Thursday, July 13, 2023

So sad

 I'll tell ya, I'm really a pathetic person.  Planning to have coffee with a friend got everyone involved.  Ned arranged the living room so it looks more like a living room than a bedroom, he planned to wash my hair, I got a new t-shirt to wear (a fund raiser for Alzheimers), Walt got up hours early to finish cleaning the kitchen.  All sorts of things were planned for this simple "come by for coffee" event.

Then I got a text saying she had to cancel because a couple of other things have come up.  I don't know whether I'm disappointed or relieved!

Ned also showed me that there is a setting on my hearing aids to change the incoming sound for each ear and when we turned up the sound for the left ear, I have a hearing aid again.  Last night I took that hearing aid out to watch TV and I didn't even notice that it wasn't in.  There are still some questions I have about the hearing aids so I'm keeping my doctor's appointment, but at least I will have double-sided hearing until then!

$ $ $ $ $

Walt just told me that he read that the cost of crossing the Golden Gate bridge is $9.75.  I was reminiscing with some people on a "San Francisco remembered" group on Facebook.  I know I'm old.  I remember when it cost 25 cents to cross the bridge and 15 cents (or less) to ride the cable car to the bus I got to go to my high school.  It took me forever to find out how much it costs to ride the cable car today, but it's $8.  I remember going to the movies and spending 25 cents to get in and 10 cents if I wanted one of the better candy bars.  Now I'm lucky because I'm a senior and the cost of my movie ticket is under $10.  

I suppose I'm glad that I've become a hermit.  It costs too much to go out of the house!

Remember when you could mail a letter for 3 cents?  The new price for "forever stamps" by the USPS is 63 cents.  It's soon going to be too expensive to have lots of pen pals!

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



8341

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning's farewell.

  (I did not have the opportunity to write a final, honest column about my 55 years at The Davis Enterprise. So I’m doing it here.) This is ...