Monday, July 31, 2023

keeping busy

Yesterday was a craft day, more or less.  I'm working on a new journal...not due until September, but I'm having too much fun with it and keep thinking of new ideas.  Anyway, I got a lot of the journal done and then started sifting through the piles of stuff on my desk to see what new things would work for the journal -- looking for one particular thing.  I found the one particular thing, but was so far into the cleaning of the stacks and I kept going.  It took 2-3 hours to get from the top of the stack to my desk, getting everything organized into boxes and drawers so things will be easier to find.

When Walt came in, I proudly showed him my desk, which you can now see, and he couldn't figure out what I was showing him, so all of my work I guess never showed because it was all a pile in one space.

But it's so much better now...and I wonder how many (days/hours/minutes) it will take me to get it back to looking the same!

Ned fixed cheeseburgers for dinner, which we haven't had in a long time and which tasted so good.  I expected my blood sugar reading this morning to be high, but it was lower than it has been in a long time. Go figure.

I had a movie night.  Nothing on tv because of the writers' strike, so I read an article in the New York Times about good things to watch on Netflix.  I choses The Imitation Game, which is the story of Alan Turing and which was excellent.  I kinda knew his story, but definitely not in the depth that this movie goes.  Turing pretty much won World War II and invented the computer, then committed suicide because he was so shunned for being homosexual.

The movie ended early so I chose another movie, St. Vincent, with Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy (who I always figure should play ME in a movie).  In truth, I chose it because it had a picture of a little kid in it.


But it was good...sorta predictable but got me crying toward the end.  And it was 10:30, so time for bed and the movies had taken my evening.

_____________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


Jeri & Phil went to opening night
of the show she orchestrated.

8357

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...