Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Ice Cream

We have spent a lot of time talking about Wordle since everybody in the family except Walt plays it and we all post our scores to each other. 


Jeri was determined she could help Walt get into the New York Times page and play Wordle.


Tom also tried to help Walt figure out his phone.


They weren't able to help him get his password to do anything, so the plan was for Jeri to take Walt to the Apple store to see about getting his phone unlocked.  

The one thing I wanted to do on this trip was to visit McConnell's ice cream store.  I've been reading about it for a long time...they have lots of unusual flavors and it seems to be quite popular.  We discovered the Apple store was just a couple of blocks from McConnell's, so we all went together.  The store is on State street, which is blocked off to be a pedestrian street, so we had to park in a parking lot two blocks away.  It was the longest I've walked in a very long time, but we did make it to McConnell's and Jeri left Lacie and me there while she took Walt to see about his phone, then they came back to join us for ice cream.  The ice cream was very good, but very expensive.  Walt bought 2 cups of ice cream (for him and Jeri; she had paid for cups for Lacie and me earlier) and two pints to take home and he says he spent $50.


My legs were very sore walking back to the parking lot.  After we returned to Tom's, Ned and Lacie played pool and I joined them. 


 I used to be a fairly  good pool player in college, but I've lost my mojo!


Bri was with us,  but didn't play.


Jeri gave a demonstration to everyone about what she has been doing, writing arrangements for 33 different songs for a show that is going to be produced soon.  It was an interesting demonstration.


After dinner, Ned took a family portrait 



and then we had to say goodbye to Jeri, who was leaving the next morning to return to Boston.  I took one last picture of my three children (sorry it turned out blurry)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...