Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Any mail?

Our mail carrier delivers around noontime.  But somewhere around 8 a.m., we get email from something called USPS Informed delivery, which shows you photographs of the mail that will be delivered that day.  I always look for the USPS email to find out if I'm going to get a letter or not, especially on days like today when I have answered all of my mail and am looking for a new letter to answer.

I was disappointed this morning to check USPS.  I could see that we were getting the daily brochures from Viking cruises (seriously--we get one or two brochures every day...talk about a waste of paper!) and 3 postcards, but no letters.  Not even a letter from one of my Compassion kids.  Owell.  Maybe a letter will come tomorrow.

I was surprised when the mail was delivered and it took Walt a long time to bring me my mail.  I assumed he was reading my 3 post cards before bringing them to me.  And I was completely shocked when he arrived with a PILE of mail for me.


That's eleven post cards, three letters and a report about one of the Compassion kids -- as well as two brochures from Viking and one from another cruises line...and the latest issue of The Pioneer Woman magazine.

I can't remember the last time ... if ever ... that I have received so much mail.  And the letters were all from people with whom I have exchanged letters for several years, which was nice.  It  took me at least an hour to read everything, and it will take me more time to record all of the postcards on SwapBot and then be able to start answering the letters.

Wow...do I love a day like this!

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



The cover of this week's The Week magazine     

8327  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...