Saturday, June 3, 2023

Sunday Stealing




Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves







Stolen from League of Extraordinary penpals





1. What are your plans for June
None at the moment other  than a dentist appointment to get my final crown put in. Also hoping my new glasses arrive so I can adjust  to them.

2. Your mid year resolutions or goals
I have a feeling this is going to be a dull Sunday Stealing.  No resolutions or goals.

3. Are you good at taking care of plants
No.  My mother could take a stick and make it bloom.  I can  take a blooming plant and turn it into a stick.

4. What makes you feel nourished
A good meal, I guess.

5. Which animals do you see most in your area
squirrels, which beg at ur back door for nuts..They say there are coyotes wandering around town, but I've never seen one.  I do occasionally see wild  turkeys.

6. Books on your summer reading list
I'm reading 4 books now, two books on the making of different TV programs, a book about Charles Lindburg, who was not nearly as nice a man as Jimmy Stewart (who played him in the movie), and a book called "Locked In," written by my friend Alec Clayton.

7. Projects you want to tackle this summer
I have no projects in mind.

8. Do you have weddings, graduations, summer celebrations
None of those, but our son's 53rd birthday party in Santa Barbara.

9. Which summer snacks are you excited to enjoy again
Fresh peaches, cherries, and pears.  And the strawberries sold at a strawberry farm near our house, which put all supermarket strawberries to shame

10. How much time do you like to take for vacations
If I'm gone more than 2 weeks, I start to get restless and want to go home.

11. How much has changed since last summer?
There is less fear of COVID, though it's still la serius threat.

12. Something that would be out of character for you
going on a long hike

13. What do you miss about winter?
the cold weather and please, dear God , rain!

14. Your favorite free / cost effective ways to have fun
Watching TV, of course!

15. Who do you trust most to house & pet sit
Ned and Marta have friends, and Marta has a step sister who house/pet sit for us.

_______________________________________________________________________________


PHOTO OF THE DAY



                                                                             My friend's granddaughter..                                                                                 
8313 

4 comments:

  1. My dental work is in August. Less COVID is definitely the issue in NYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard that Lindberg was not a very nice man. What book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindberg apparently was a fascist. I'm curious as to what you think of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I can take a blooming plant and turn it into a stick." - that made me laugh - so can I.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...