Friday, June 16, 2023

Saturday 9

 


 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Beautiful Boy (1980)


This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it here.

1) Paul McCartney has said that "Beautiful Boy" is one of his favorite John Lennon solo songs. What's yours? (This link will take you to his greatest hits.)
Not a big Beatles fan, but I do like "Imagine."

2) Lennon wrote this for his son, Sean. Father and son share an October 9 birthday. Does anyone in your life share your birthday?





This is one of my Compassion kids, from Rwanda.  She shares my birthdate
.




3) John asks Sean to take his hand before they cross the street. Name another song that references holding hands.
"I want to hold your hand."

4) Today Sean Lennon is in his late 40s. He lives in Greenwich Village, creating art and music from his elaborate home-based music and film studio. Are you into the latest in electronics?
Not at all.  I'm too old for new electronics.

5) In Thailand, Father's Day is observed on the birthday of the current King. Are you celebrating any birthdays this month?
No birthdays in June, except for my sister, whose birthday was June 21.  But she's been gone since 1971.

6) Crazy Sam vividly remembers her long-ago high school days when her father gave her driving lessons. Do you consider yourself a good driver?
Not any more.  Ned feels I'm no longer a safe driver, so I didn't have my license renewed when it expired this year.

7) Sam's dad is a stickler about car maintenance and reminds Sam to change her air filter regularly so her a/c and heater can run efficiently. Share a car maintenance tip.
Can't think of one.
 

8) When he fills up the car, Sam's father also stocks up on his favorite candy: Life Savers. He always has a bag in the glove compartment. What's something you don't leave home without?
My glasses, my walker

9) Random Question: How long can you go without checking your phone?
Since almost nobody calls me, I can go a whole day without checking the phone, but I use it for Facebook, e-mail, Kindle books, etc. and check it several times a day when I'm sitting and watching TV.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


My friend Gerrit's photo
                                                                                                                                                          
8323

8 comments:

  1. #9: That's so interesting to me. As soon as I turn my phone on, I see an icon that tells me if I have a voicemail. When you use your phone for Facebook or email, do you look to see if you have any messages or missed calls? Or do you just blow past the phone feature and go online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much blow past the phone feature because nobody ever calls me! The only calls I get are in Chinese and I don't have a clue why!!

      Delete
  2. I have started turning the sound on my phone off so I am not tempted to check every single notification. It is much more peaceful. I am like you, I never get phone calls anymore, so I don't feel bad to silence the phone. My mom will call our landline. I am getting where I am not caring about all of the latest gadgets in electronics. I sure did when they first started coming out. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people call me on my landline; my cell service is not the best. (P.S., your comment about "I hope my comment posted" posted, but not whatever else you posted on my Sat 9.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great response to #9! I almost never talk on the phone, but it's my 'go to' vehicle for Wordle (etc), Facebook, Blogland ... almost everything except accessing my bank account or PII.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use my phone to check Facebook, read blogs and the like, but I get on the laptop to write posts and comment. I hate doing that on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cell phone is usually being searched for. lol How sweet that one of your compassion kids has the same birthday as you do!
    Sorry to hear that you are no longer able to drive safely. It's California and one thing that we love to do is to drive! I still drive, and thank the heavens for it. It's important bc hubby has macular degen probs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I check FB, Instagram even Blogger on my phone. But I type everything on my laptop. I like to play Words with Friends on my cell phone. It is like Scrabble. Do you play that? My cell phone is also my alarm clock. Sorry you lost your sister so long ago.

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...