Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Lunch out!

I had lunch out with a friend today.

I haven't had lunch out with a friend in maybe a year?  More than a year?  My friend Kathleen and I used to have lunch once a month.  she lives in Sacramento so for many years, I drove to Sacramento to meet her, but once she retired, she drove here to Davis for lunch.  We have made a couple of dates to go to lunch, but either she or I have to change and somehow we never do get a replacement date.  I think it was 2 months ago when she had to cancel our date and I told her that I was busy that weekend and the 4th of July week, but other than that, I had no dates until Thanksgiving.  I haven't heard back from her.

BUT yesterday my friend Cindy called.  Cindy was my friend through the typing service I worked for.  She w as also a dentist and she typed while she was getting her practice established.  Once she had an established dental practice, she moved to her own office and stopped working for the secretarial service. . But we all, who typed for that service, were good friends (all these entries where I say I have no friends living in Davis...I forgot about Cindy!  I always saw her as my dentist and we had our visits during her work on my teeth, but she retired in February, so I haven't seen her since then.

But she suggested we go to lunch.  I chose Tres Hermanas Mexican restaurant.


The weather was perfect for having lunch on the patio and I loved my chile rellenos.  We sat there for another half hour or so after we finished eating, just getting caught up and remembering our history.

She also told me that her husband takes fabulous photos of birds, which he posts on Instagram. I had no idea there were so many unusual birds in the Davis-Sacramento area.


If you are on Instagram, I recommend checking his site for some really great bird photos!

It was such a nice lunch and we decided we'll do it again some day.  

 _______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



finished!
                                                                                                                                                          
8322

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...