Tuesday, June 6, 2023

I love the mail

 What a great day for mail this was!

I got letters from 3 of my favorite pen pals, one letter from someone new who wants to be a pen pal and a short note from a good pen pal who usually writes longer letters, but even the short note was fun.  I also got two letters from Compassion kids, both of whom are older and write in English.  And, because I don't have enough stickers, I got two new sets of stickers from Etsy and 3 from Temu.


It actually took about half an hour to open and read everything.  How wonderful it would be if every mail delivery were like this.  Now, of course, I have lots of letter writing to do!

Ned has started digging up an area where he can plant basil and tomatoes.  We haven't really had much of a garden in decades, though we have had basil and rosemary.  It will be great to actually have tomatoes growing, especially since Ned will take care of them and I don't have to deal with tomato horn worms, which was why I stopped growing them many years ago!


& * & * &

Here's something I read today that I never knew....
According to the San Francisco Chronicle archives, sometime in the 1970's, if you didn't have money for the Golden Gate Bridge toll, you could leave a personal item as security.
Gary Fong/San Francisco Chronicle June 9, 1975: Charles Volivet examines items that were left, as security, by motorists who didn't have toll money. The items include a horse hair brush, alarm clock, transistor radios, a pair of wrenches, and 4 cans of Lima Beans. The items were later auctioned off.

I never realized that you could cross the bridge with a can of lima beans!

 _______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY





                                                                                      ____                                                                                     
 8314


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...