Saturday, June 24, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from Sign Up Genius

1. Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?
If I hadn't not renewed my license when I turned 80, I'd say "drive a car."

2. Who is your favorite author?
Two.  For "classical authors" it would be John Steinbeck.  For more contemporary books, it would be Harlan Coben.

3. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
I've been to both places.  I think Hawaii might be my preference for a vacation, though I thoroughly enjoyed Alaska and would like to go back for the county fair, which we attended when we were last there.

4. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
For me personally, 1985 was a good year.  I'd like to repeat that year.  If I were to go back in time to some other year, perhaps briefly 1906 in San Francisco after the earthquake and fire.  I'd like to see how my grandmother grew up, living in a tent in Golden Gate Park.

5.  What's your favorite zoo animal?
The elephant, though I'd rather not see an elephant in the zoo because they need to be in families in the wild.  If I see an elephant in the zoo, I feel the need to apologize to her.

6.  What's the tallest building you've been to the top of?
The World Trade Center a few years before 9/11

7. How often do you buy clothes?
Almost never.  I'm so difficult to fit and have few places I need to "dress up" for.  I only buy clothes when the ones I have are worn out.  Walt and I never have arguments about how much money I spend on clothes! Or make-up.  Or face creams.  Or shoes.

8. What was the last thing you recorded on TV?
Hard to say.  We have a DVR and record most things we like and erase after watching.  This being Friday (when I'm writing this), what I'll be recording is the latest episode of Outlander.

9.  What was the last book you read?
"I Will Find You" by Harlan Coben

10. What's your favorite type of foreign food?
It's a toss-up between Chinese and Mexican.  I love both, but sometimes I get the feeling I also need some sushi.

11. What kitchen appliance do you use every day?
The coffee pot

12. How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real? How did you find out?
I'm not sure how old I was...maybe 6?  And I was shocked.  We were looking for Easter eggs hidden in the living room (because we had no back yard) and I noticed that my parents were giving us hints and I realized that my parents had hidden them.  I whispered "thank you" and my father said "Now that you know there is no Easter Bunny and no Santa don't spoil it for your sister."  I was shocked.  I had no idea there was no Santa.

13.  What was your favorite subject in school?
English and French

14. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?
Durian.  Yuck!

15. What's your favorite family recipe?
My mother made great enchiladas, which she learned from a Mexican neighbor. She was a plain cook, but everything was great.  I remember fondly her pot roast and her meatloaf, neither of which I can duplicate.  My father made the very best potato salad and I've never had another one like it.  As for what I cook, I don't know that I have a favorite or that my kids have a favorite dish that I cook.  When I cooked, I made Joe Special a lot.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY




Looking at the squirrel
 

8330 

5 comments:

  1. The DVR is the way to go! I wtch almost nothing in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we have similar stories about finding out about Santa. Right down to "don't tell your sibling."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was disappointed about Santa too. Loved your answers! Have a nice day! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit I had to look up durian. I now know what it is, and that I want to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...